LOBBYING & ADVOCACY EXPERIENCE
- Intense focus for the last 3 years lobbying for State and Federal legislation related to pregnancy and lactation in NH and Washington D.C.
- Additional focus with SCOTUS and Federal Legislators on LGBTQ and Reproductive rights
- Gained the support and written testimony of NH-ACLU for NH-SB 219
- Strong collaboration skills with key stakeholders, policy makers and legislators with successful efforts to cultivate bi-partisan support
- Conducted Advocacy and Educational Outreach Presentation with State Legislators and the Business Industry Representatives
- Internship experience as a Community Organizer and Event Planner
- Experience with Federal Court, the EEOC and the Human Rights Commission regarding civil liberties
- Current NH SB-219 relative to breastfeeding and lactation, has passed the full Senate and House Commerce Committee, anticipated to pass the full House and receive the Governor’s approval 2016
- Coordinated World Breastfeeding Week Press Conference with US and NH Senators
- Invited to US Senator Roundtable on Federal Legislation specific to women
- Recognized by US Senator for our advocacy efforts during Town Hall speech
- United States Breastfeeding Committee National Conference Presenter
- Appointed USBC NH Advocacy Day Team Leader, Washington D.C.
- Speaker at the SCOTUS for Federal Legislation along with US Senator, Young vs UPS
- Created Public Service Announcements on the Importance of Breastfeeding Support Groups and Breastfeeding and Work, participated in the breastfeeding documentary, The Milky Way
- Hosted screenings of The Milky Way in NH State House, NH and Washington D.C.
- Published The Cost of Denying Breastfeeding Accommodations in Attachment Parenting International and NH Business Review
- Pitched and interviewed about breastfeeding on NBC, ABC, USA Today, as well as, in The Boston Globe, Unitarian Universalist World magazine, Parenting NH, NHPR, The Union Leader, the Concord Monitor, Fosters Daily Democrat and NH 1 News, WMUR
- Collaborative colleagues include the US Breastfeeding Committee, the National Partnership for Women and Families, A Better Balance, the ACLU-NH, NH Department of Labor, Best for Babes, Granite State United Way, Community Health and Obesity Prevention Group, NH Citizens Alliance for Action, NH Women’s Foundation and Unitarian Universalist Association
- Gave recognition awards to the Boston Red Sox, Mamava & Former US Congressman